2005 sucked. Definitely not the worst year of my life but nothing remarkably positive happened either. I'm not exactly overwhelmed with hope for 2006 but it will be nice to close the door on all the crap that happened this year and move on. With that being said, I really have no idea what to expect this year. Probably more of the same but one never knows I guess. It always seems like things have a way of crashing down on me once I think I have my shit together so I'm not going to claim that this is the year that everything will come into place for me. Like 2 years ago this time, I was on top of the world, everything was in place, life was good...so much for that. I'm a pessimist at heart so I'm not going to apologize for being so negative. It's my nature. :)
I did manage to learn some things this year...
- I have little patience for stupid people and find it harder to disguise my disgust when in the presence of said stupid people
- Loud, obnoxious people who feel the need to be the center of attention at all times bug the shit out of me
- You can fall in love and not even realize for a very long time if your skills of denial and avoidance are sharp
- You need to watch carefully, because it's not what people say, it's what they actually do
- Also, something Fiona Apple said (not to me personally but she may as well have) during her concert (before singing Tymps) has been sticking with me. She was saying something about how she will stick with something (aka a relationship) until it turns to 99.9% shit before giving up. She can't leave without it turning to complete and utter shit. She's in my head because I have a tendency to wreck everything until the bitter end, leaving it destroyed and pretty much unrepairable. Oh and I'm not just referring to romantic relationships.
It sucks that I have to go back to work tomorrow. Fortunately I had the past week off and I didn't necessarily do a lot but it was just nice to sleep in and go to bed whenever the hell I felt like it. It gave me time to get through season 1 of Veronica Mars. (I love my dvds!) It's so much better being able to watch that show straight through. And it is now the official sponsor of my subject lines...meaning all quotes that appear are from VM.
Ok I'll try not to let 6 months pass before updating again...